Tuesday 18 June 2013

Soft wave baby mittens 

I do love making things for babies and got all carried away again because my friend is having twins. Unfortunately her babies won't need any woolly accessories as they shall land in Kuala Lumpur. I might have to knit them a fan instead :) 

My mumsy friends never tire of telling me that babies are wriggly little things that are forever shaking off their socks, hats, mits and the like. So when I was looking for a quick and cute pattern I was also looking for mittens that would stay on. Looking after little people is challenging enough as it is without the irritation of garments that keep falling off. I sourced a fab pattern that ticked all the boxes on Ravelry (where else?) called soft wave baby mittens from Sunnyknits:




I adore the little wavy cuffs - maximum cuteness achieved! I had some Merino leftovers just enough to make the mittens and a matching hat. The hat is a single colour variation on my striped baby hat and you can find the pattern here


Materials used:
  • DROPS Baby Merino Extra Fine Off White (DK)
  • Circular needles 3,5 mm
Here are my soft wave baby mittens. I'm sure some day in the near future a little person will come along who needs warm hands.  







No comments:

Post a Comment